Grainline Studio Cascade Duffle Coat Pattern (paper)
- The Cascade Duffle Coat is a fresh take on a classic shape featuring a slight A-line cut, toggle front closure, and a hidden zipper band to keep the coat shut tight against cold weather. The hem of View A hits at the hip while View B falls to mid-thigh. Although View A is shown with a collar and View B with a hood, both are interchangeable allowing you to create your own perfect coat.
- Techniques involved include sewing a straight seam, setting sleeves, attaching a collar or hood, and inserting a lining.
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Suggested Fabrics: Medium to heavy weight coating fabrics such as melton, boiled, or felted wool. It can alternately be made up in a canvas or twill for a lighter weight jacket. Recommended lining is rayon bemberg, Kasha, or a similar lining fabric. If you’d like a pop of color or pattern try cutting your hood lining and zipper bands from flannel. Extra fabric may be needed to match plaids, stripes, or one-way design prints.
- Notions: Thread, 6 toggle buttons, View A: 18˝ separating zipper, View B: 22˝ separating zipper
- FABRIC REQUIREMENTS & FINISHED MEASUREMENTS - Pattern is available in size 0-18. See last listing photos for size chart.