Sew Liberated Arenite Pants Pattern (paper)
- The Arenite Pants are the luxuriously deep-pocketed, slouchy pants of your dreams. Incredibly versatile and amazingly cozy, you can wear these high-waisted pants for date night, in the office, or as pajamas. The pattern includes three leg finishing options – a knit cuff, an elasticated woven cuff, or a dressier hem. Learn to sew French seams, flat-felled seams and a comfortable, non-twist elastic waistband for a made-to-last, beautifully crafted wardrobe staple. This pattern is suitable for advanced beginners. It is the perfect project for those new to sewing pants, as the fit is very forgiving.
- Materials: The Arenite Pant is designed for woven fabrics, with the exception of the knit cuff option. For the main pant, look for rayon challis, tencel twill, or silk noil. The essential characteristic of the woven fabric is fantastic drape.
- 45”-wide fabric sizes 0-12: 4-1/8 yards
- 45”-wide fabric sizes 14-24: 4-1/4 yards
- 54”-wide fabric all sizes/versions: 3-2/3 yards
- For the knit cuff option, you will need 1/2 yard of knit fabric with Lycra or spandex content to insure good recovery.
- For the waist and elasticized woven cuffs, we recommend Dritz 2” Soft Waistband Elastic.
- Level: Confident beginner