Sew Liberated Metamorphic Dress Pattern (paper)
- The Metamorphic Dress is a wardrobe-building dress for all seasons. Featuring a high/low waist seam and complete reversibility, it's inspired by the possibility of layers - wear it with the tiered skirt and patch pockets, or flip it inside out and enjoy a basic, single-layer pinafore with in-seam pockets. Layer it over jeans, leggings, or a mid-length Stasia Dress, or layer it under your favorite woven tee or knitted cardigan. Wear it on the beach over your swimsuit or favorite short-sleeve, fitted knit tee. The fit is easy, with no bodice darts and plenty of room for the waist. (It is drafted for a D-cup and below).
- Materials: Choose a fabric with a nice drape, such as sand washed rayon or silk noil. For a more structured dress you can use cotton ikat or linen.
- Pattern includes sizes 0-24.
- 44"-wide fabric: 2.5 yards for the top layer and 2 5/8 yards for the under layer
- 54"-wide fabric: 2 1/8 yards for the top layer and 2 1/4 yards for the under layer