Sew Liberated Hinterland Dress Pattern (paper)
- The Hinterland Dress offers a timeless, comfortable, and elegant silhouette. Featuring three sleeve options, either partial or full button down plackets, customizable length, and inseam pockets, this is a pattern workhorse that spans the seasons. The fit is loose, with side bust darts and a gathered skirt with optional waist ties, and is easily modified for maternity and nursing. Don’t feel like buttons? Cut the front bodice on the fold for a placket-free hack. You might consider lengthening the bodice and hackick it into an adorable cropped top, too! It is part of the Sedimentary Capsule, and pairs well with Sew Liberated's Metamorphic Dress, Arenite Pants, Gypsum Skirt, and Strata Top.
- This pattern is suitable for advanced beginners. You will learn how to sew bust darts, bias facings, inseam pockets, button plackets, and inset sleeves. Pattern includes sizes 0-24.
- Materials: The Hinterland Dress is designed for woven fabrics. Look for mid-weight linen, silk noil, cotton ikat, and light- to mid-weight chambray or denim. Note that if you want to extend the skirt length beyond the provided midi length, you will need to purchase extra fabric.
- Yardage Requirements:
- Sleeved versions: 45"-wide fabric: 4 ¼ yards / 54"-wide fabric: 3 ½
- Sleeveless: 45”-wide fabric: 3 ½ yards / 54”-wide fabric: 2 3/4 yards, 2 ¼ yards size 6 and under
- Lightweight fusible interfacing: For Bodice Placket version: ½ yard / For Full-Length Placket version: 1 1/4 yard
- Notions: For Bodice Placket version: 4 ½” - ⅝” buttons / For Full-Length Placket version: 11 ½” - ⅝” buttons